Since 1999 the European Association for Public Administration Accreditation helps European academic public administration programmes to improve their quality and to assure their quality through accreditation.
For EAPAA the notion 'Public Administration' includes:
- Public Administration programmes
- Public Policy programmes
- Public Management programmes.
The European Association for Public Administration Accreditation (EAPAA)
- promotes the quality of European academic level public administration programmes by developing appropriate accreditation standards for such programmes through its Accreditation Committee,
- encourages curriculum development and innovation,
- provides a forum for discussion on quality and accreditation, and
- assures the quality of European Public Administration programmes by accrediting programmes when they apply for this accreditation.
EAPAA is an association oriented to institutions that offer academic degree programmes in public administration, public management, public policy, and the like. Together with these institutions EAPAA has built and maintained a voluntary accreditation system in order to stimulate high quality in public administration education.
The European Group for Public Administration (EGPA) and the Network of Institutes and Schools of Public Administration in Central and Eastern Europe (NISPAcee) are the two official members of EAPAA.
EAPAA meetings are organised during the annual conferences of those organisations.
Individual public administration programmes in Europe can be affiliated with EAPAA through EGPA or NISPAcee.
In 2013 EAPAA itself has been reviewed by an INQAAHE Review Team. Its conclusion is that EAPAA is overall in substantial compliance with the EQAR European Standards and the INQAAHE Guidelines of Good Practice. It was especially impressed by the professional quality of the EAPAA operations and documents. For further information see here.
EAPAA is member of:
- The International Network for Quality Assurance Agencies in Higher Education (INQAAHE), which has accredited EAPAA (see Affiliation > Transparency)
- The European Alliance for Subject Specific and Professional Accreditation and Quality Assurance (EASPA)
EAPAA is one of the 7 founding members. EASPA wants to be a forum for the community of disciplinary, field specific European networks of quality assurance that assess the quality of study programs, schools or professional individuals. The first act of the new organisation was the acceptance by the members of the so-called Düsseldorf Declaration in which the members pledge to support the Ministers of Education of the European Higher Education Area to accomplish their goal to complete the HEA by 2020.
EAPAA is present on the social media:
please twitter with #eapaa More info
Important EAPAA news will be published through these social media as well.